Faulty Dive log

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu May 1 18:01:49 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-01 at 17:54 -0700, Michael Likes wrote:

> a) Yes, I have successfully imported 65 previous dives from my dive
> computer to my Apple.

Good, so we know this at least used to work.

> b) I use a Aeries Elite T3 model dive computer

That should be a reasonably well supported model

> c) I use a USB cable to connect the two.

Good - and you clearly have working drivers.

> I might as well mention that the only new thing since I used the
> Subsurface program was I downloaded some “stuff” from Sheerwater’s web
> site since I just purchased a Petrel computer. I have not used this
> new computer yet. Could this be an issue??

I like the Petrel. Have you tried downloading from your Petrel? It's
also supported.

> Attached is the screen shot of the stacked dives

Wow, that's quite... impressive.

Would you mind sharing the XML file with this stacked dive with us?

Also, would you mind creating a memory dump of your divecomputer?
That's pretty straight forward, simply select the corresponding checkbox
during the download from divecomputer dialog: Command-D to start the
download, then select the bottom option ("Safe libdivecomputer dump
file"), give the file a name, accept that this will only create a dump
file and NOT try to add those dives to your divelog and click OK...

Please send that file plus your XML file and we'll be able to take a
look at what's going on!