Beta 3 [was Re: Beta 2]

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Sun May 4 03:04:05 PDT 2014

On 02-05-14 14:55, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 05:28 -0700, Richard DePas wrote:
>> Know it wouldn't make it in this release, but would there be anything
>> I can do to assist in getting native bluetooth interface with
>> Shearwater dive computers. I could contact Shearwater if that would
>> help. I ask because I still cannot get the direct download from my
>> Petrel to work with the latest version (and a fresh install of
>> Windows. If I try, it will lock up the program and I have to kill it
>> with Task Manager so my work around is using Shearwater Desktop and
>> then export from Shearwater Desktop and import into Subsurface.
>
> This is actually much more about libdivecomputer than about Subsurface.
>
> I'm sure Jef can tell us where he needs the help...

Status is pretty much the same as before, because I didn't had time to work on it.

For Linux and Windows I have working prototype code implemented (communication
only, the device discovery is still missing). For Mac OS X, I haven't even
started coding. And that's where the main obstacle is right now. I'm not
familiar with Mac OS X api's, and certainly not with how to use them from C
(instead of obj-c). So if anyone can help with that, that would be great.

If anyone has experience with bluetooth (on any platform), that's welcome too.
I'm far from a bluetooth expert. I just learned by reading docs, manpages,
sample code, etc.

Jef