heads up 4.1 and personal down time

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun May 4 10:13:58 PDT 2014

So here's the plan for the next two weeks:

Tuesday or Wednesday I am hoping to release 4.1

Anything catastrophic happens, I have another couple of days to address
it right away.

Saturday I leave on a trip. I actually will have a few hours of internet
here and there until Monday evening.

And then I will be actually and truly without internet. Seriously. No
internet. No email. Nothing. Until the 20th.

I know that Tomaz will be preparing a rather intrusive set of commits in
the meantime that tries to clean up some of the mess we created over
time. Bad separation of UI and core logic. A mess of things here and
there in .h files. Etc.

I also know that a few others are working on somewhat bigger projects
(planner improvements, rebreather changes, etc). I will spend time after
the 20th on getting all those merged (think of this as our big merge
window... I wanted to do this in January and it didn't work out at all -
so this is the second attempt).

There's another heads-up involved here. I am the only one maintaining
our infrastructure and servers. If something breaks while I'm gone, the
website, bug tracker, mailing list, etc, might end up being down. I
don't anticipate that (hadn't had any bigger issues in a while), but
just be aware - things might break without someone to fix them.

You have been warned.

In the meantime, please really try to test things (both the companion
app and Subsurface 4.1) so we can have a smooth release in a couple of
days.

Thanks everyone