Invasive fix committed - please review and test

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue May 6 20:49:06 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 6:13 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 12:26 AM, Linus Torvalds <
> torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I keep trying to reproduce this and cannot.
>>
>> Yeah,  me neither. Miika, did you make sure to check current -git that
>> had the two commits by Dirk?
>>

> I can still reproduce the bug with the current master:
> $ build/subsurface --version
> Subsurface v4.0.99-5-g868827f5ec40, built with libdivecomputer v0.4.2
>
> Attached is an XML that I can use to reproduce with following steps:
> - Open the log
> - Select the dive 596
> - ctrl-click on dive 597 to include that to selection
> - Now the Location field (along with all the other fields is empty)
> - Type "Mexico - Cozumel - test" to the location field
> - Hit Save
> - Check the result => I have the new location on both dives

This is what seems to be happening. When I type the location character by
character, the if test on EDIT_TEXT is true the moment the strings are the
same. After that they are kept the same by the logic of EDIT_TEXT. The
EDIT_SELECTED_DIVES macro should be called for each field only on the
acceptChanges function, not on event text is changed.

miika