"Error parsing the samples" while downloading dives from HW OSTC3

Venkatesh Shukla venkatesh.shukla.eee11 at iitbhu.ac.in
Fri May 9 14:24:37 PDT 2014

Hello guys.

I have recently got my hands on a Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC3. It has three
dives shown inside. But, when I try to download the dives to Subsurface
Application, I get the error "Error parsing the samples". Only dive 1 is
successfully imported and shown on the application.

The subsurface application I used to check this on is the latest git repo
- 9a4f8b50bd9b88b00959a08524e1617be1486c95
Libdivecomputer is also the latest git version
- 61e9847196b4e7f4e2c80e47dd6cd7070c9c4418 compiled with --disable-shared
and --enable-pty options.
The platform is Fedora 20 64 bit.

Also, when trying to save the dumpfile of the divecomputer, I am getting
"Dive data import error".
The logfiles for both of the above scenarios are attached.
Please help.

--

*Venkatesh Shukla *