Hollis DG03 data import error

Gobbledegeek gobbledegeek at gmail.com
Wed May 21 23:12:52 PDT 2014

Hello Folks

This issue is still pending resolution. I left on a dive vacation and
forgot about sync'ing my DC after that. So far I've just been using my DC
for dives without logging.

Now I am trying again on a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.0.4LTE.

Here are the things I tried:

$ ls -l /dev/ttyU*
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 0 May 22 11:24 /dev/ttyUSB0

$ sudo chmod 0666 /dev/ttyUSB0
$ ls -l /dev/ttyU*
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 188, 0 May 22 11:25 /dev/ttyUSB0

I tried making the above permanent on reboot with a
/etc/udev/rules.d/50-usbtty-rules file that read:
KERNEL=="ttyUSB*", MODE="0666"
but this resulted in my usb mouse and keyboard becoming unresponsive on
reboot, so I removed it.

Then I tried the instructions by Jef given earlier when this thread was
active:

it seems modem-manager thinks you just connected a modem and takes the
device. you could create an udev rule to blacklist some usb serial
devices. look at (something like, probably /usr/lib)
/lib/udev/rules.d/77-mm-usb-de
vice-blacklist.rules
then create a similar file in /etc/udev/rules.d containing the pid/vid
of your divecomputer
<<<
$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 014: ID 0403:f460 Future Technology Devices International,
Ltd

with  /etc/udev/rules.d$ cat 50-divecomputer-blacklist.rules
ATTRS{idVendor}=="0403", ATTRS{idProduct}=="f460",
ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"

and
$ sudo stop modemmanager

No luck.

So to summarize:
1. Adding my user to dialout group did not work
2. stopping  modemmanager did not work
3. Adding a blacklist rule for my device did not work.

Any other ideas to fix this? I tested with windows using the hollis
software and it works.

Thanks
G0bble