Patches.

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat May 24 07:42:42 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:44:23PM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> This makes the add planer USABLE. <3
> behold the cuteness overload of the new profile acting as the Add Widget canvas.

Awesome work, Tomaz.

I played with it quite a bit and find the resizing action very neat - it's
a bit jumpy and takes some getting used to, but it's WAY better than the
clumsy buttons to increase / decrease depth and time that we had before!

> I said usable, not without bugs, patches welcome. :)

I have so many things I want to do and so little time. I wish some others
would step up and help out here. The code has become quite reasonable to
work with. I really like what you have done.

One thing that I really wonder about is the tooltip / information overlay.
Is that useful in dive add / dive plan mode?

> Keyboard handling is broken because I didn't ported *anything* of it yet.

The other thing we need to figure out is how we address the very real user
feedback that we alternatively need to allow people to enter data directly
and have us create a reasonable profile for that.

For people who don't want to model a dive from memory but want to enter
what their bottom timer tells them (max depth 14.3m, avg depth 9.8m, total
dive time 45:33).