Patches.

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Sat May 24 07:49:41 PDT 2014

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:44:23PM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>> This makes the add planer USABLE. <3
>> behold the cuteness overload of the new profile acting as the Add Widget canvas.
>
> Awesome work, Tomaz.
>
> I played with it quite a bit and find the resizing action very neat - it's
> a bit jumpy and takes some getting used to, but it's WAY better than the
> clumsy buttons to increase / decrease depth and time that we had before!

The jumpyness is because we are creating a dive from the plan
everytime a move is done,
there's a bug where the lines are comming from the wrong direction too
- they should come from
the bottom / from the right, but are commiing from the top and left,
making the profile
do more work than it should, but it's a simple fix.

>> I said usable, not without bugs, patches welcome. :)
>
> I have so many things I want to do and so little time. I wish some others
> would step up and help out here. The code has become quite reasonable to
> work with. I really like what you have done.
>
> One thing that I really wonder about is the tooltip / information overlay.
> Is that useful in dive add / dive plan mode?

It is - because the dive that the user is seeing on the information
overlay is the same that
will be the dive when he accept - did you see that the colors of the
borders are colored ?
its a live preview. :)

>> Keyboard handling is broken because I didn't ported *anything* of it yet.

This is not true anymore, just ported the keyboard handling. :P

> The other thing we need to figure out is how we address the very real user
> feedback that we alternatively need to allow people to enter data directly
> and have us create a reasonable profile for that.

The same way that we allowed in the past but it was removed, there's
already a widget that allows that - but currently only for planner
mode.

> For people who don't want to model a dive from memory but want to enter
> what their bottom timer tells them (max depth 14.3m, avg depth 9.8m, total
> dive time 45:33).
>
> /D

Tomaz