planner and dive add should work now

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Thu May 29 06:35:10 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:
> Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>
>> I ran Subsurface under Valgrind and that quickly pointed out a few more
>> issues. With the latest changes I pushed I believe add dive and the
>> planner are now functional and random combinations of them no longer crash
>> Subsurface or confuse the dive list.
>>
>> I would really appreciate if people could try HARD to break this... there
>> were some rather subtle yet nasty bugs in the code.
>

> Nice work everyone!  I stumbled upon a couple of things:
>
> 1) As I planned a dive (10 mins @ 58 meters with 18/45 and 50%) I noticed
> that the MOD, EAD and EADD was wrong:  57, 56 & 56m, while it should be
> something like 68, 23 and 33.  See
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1087529/planner1.png
>
> 2) The background on that plan is red, which leads me to believe that
> something is wrong?  Maybe related to the wrong values in 1)?

This is "ceiling violation", marked in warm red color to warn the user.
but it doesn' tseem to be a ceiling violation there - if you can spare
a bit of time, the ceiling violation, red-coloring code is in
DiveProfileItem.cpp :

    int currState = qobject_cast<ProfileWidget2
*>(scene()->views().first())->currentState;
    if (currState == ProfileWidget2::PLAN) {
        plot_data *entry = dataModel->data().entry + dataModel->rowCount() - 1;
        for (int i = dataModel->rowCount() - 1; i >= 0; i--, entry--) {
            int max = maxCeiling(i);
            if (entry->depth < max) {
                profileColor = QColor(Qt::red);
            }
        }
    }

I'm taking in consideration all the tissues, but somebody ( don't
remember who, I was pretty sleepy ) told me that this is wrong and I
sould consider something more - don't know what, tougth.