planner and dive add should work now

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat May 31 19:45:48 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 01, 2014 at 12:54:27AM +0200, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:

> >> We "fixed" this by removing the info overlay (actually I think it would
> >be
> >> correct even if we didn't remove the info overlay - prior to my changes
> >> today the profile was rendered with the wrong gases).
> >>
> >> Serious question - did you find the info overlay useful? Robert and I
> >felt
> >> that it was just in the way and so he disabled that...
> >
> >I usually think the info overlay is in the way, but during planning it
> >could actually be helpful. I like being able to see the MOD and END while
> >planning. (Those values could be shown elsewhere, of course, like in the
> >cylinder list. I haven't really thought it through yet.)
> >

> Also, without the info overlay, I don't know what those yellow triangles
> with exclamation signs signifies.  (Of course, *I* know they're gas
> changes).  I guess a mouseover box could solve that?

I actually ran into that very same issue today while trying to track down
more bugs. I'm ambivalent...

Tomaz, is there a way to simply have a button in the toolbar area that
turns the 'tooltip overlay' on and off?

> Anyway, here's problem with a plan I've been creating:
> EAN50 is shown far to the left, but should be on the right side of the
> screen, after the gas change.  It might be that the planner thinks I'm
> switching from EAN50 to 18/45 in minute 0 since EAN50 is listed as the first
> available gas?

That's exactly what happens.
You ALWAYS start on gas 0. It's part of our design.
The logical thing to do, though, is to not show the gas name of the gas
that we immideately switch away from.

Something to add to my todo list, I guess :-)

> That might explain the exclamation sign at the top left as
> well: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1087529/planner3.png

Yep, that's what it is.