serial and firmware -- please help

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 12:15:13 PST 2014

On 21 November 2014 10:41, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> So I pushed a patch that will dump some data to stderr when you download
> dives from your dive computer. And I'd love for as many people as possible
> to run this against all the dive computers you can get your hands on and
> respond to this email with
>
> a) what Subsurface showed about serial / firmware
> b) what your dive computer and / or its box tell you about serial / firmware

I have a Hollis DG03 (uses oceanic_atom2 protocol).  The computer
reports its serial number as 000481, and firmware revision 1b.

stderr when downloading dives (no new dives) from subsurface on linux:
loaded the Generic plugin
libdc devinfo serial nr converted to 0000-0481
[0.132175] ERROR: Unexpected answer start byte(s). [in
oceanic_atom2.c:401 (oceanic_atom2_send)]

[rick at localhost subsurface]$ subsurface --version
Subsurface v4.2.90-38-gfc7f0c621501, built with libdivecomputer
v0.5.0-devel (b2bc231cb472cb5eb409abb9ce493130b00e9526)

I read this as it's reporting the serial number correctly but doesn't
know anything about firmware.