towards 4.3

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 27 11:48:54 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 01:34:37PM -0400, John Van Ostrand wrote:

> > What other things are partly done and likely / unlikely to be finished in
> > the next two weeks?
> >

> Any chance the Cochran import can make it in?

That's more a libdivecomputer question. Or are there Subsurface patches as
well that I have ignored?

I have been chatting with Jef a bit and he has been crazy busy the last
few weeks and while he is thrilled that people are contributing (I did the
A300CS, you did Cochran, Linus did the Suunto Eon Steel) that has only
added to the workload. I know, this sounds backwards, but I know exactly
how Jef feels. Working with contributors takes time. In the big picture it
saves time if more people continue to contribute, but initially there is
this extra effort...

>From a Subsurface point of view, I'll wait to see what Jef thinks is
reasonable. In the past he has done heroic efforts to get things
integrated in time for our releases.

If Jef says "sorry guys, I won't be able to get any of this integrated in
the next two weeks" (which is always possible, life comes first) I might
be talked into doing a "custom built" (i.e., a temporary fork) in order to
add support for those three dive computers to Subsurface 4.3 (actually, I
think it's more than three - how many different devices do your patches
cover? two? three?), but I really would prefer not to have to do so.