Dive Info & Stats tabs

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Sep 16 08:36:05 PDT 2014

On 16 September, 2014 - Davide DB wrote:

> Maybe it was already explained.
>
> Why SAC should be different between these two tabs if just one dive is selected?
> See attachment (its' a PSCR dive).

They are different, because one is per gas and one is for the whole
dive.

> The nice message: "These gases could be mixed..." just refers to the
> back gas? (I see plural form)

It referees to all the gases listed there.

My Mixer app splits those into:

18/45 898L => 405L he + 73L O2 + Air
  50% 276L => 101L O2 + Air
 100% 109L => 109L O2

Which is equiv to 405L he 283 O2 which is pretty close to the 404.2L he
and 285.1L O2 which subsurface calculates for you.

> If I use two trimix mixes it gives both calculation?

It would include all the gases that you used during that dive. Doesn't
matter if its 8 bottles of O2 or 8 different trimixes or anything
in-between.

I wrote that code because i thought it was a good tool to verify my
gas-bill after a trimix trip and to "diff" how much expensive gas i
needed to drain =(

It's not perfect that code, but its close enough for my calculations. It
doesn't care that different gases have different compressibility at
different temperatures and so on bit it does the job reasonably well.

> PS
> At this point would be nice having a proper gas mixing tool >:->

I never have a computer close when I'm mixing. I quite exclusively use
the mixer tool in MultiDeco[1] on my Android phone when I'm mixing.

If we ever grow a proper Android app with dive planning, gas planning
and so on it would probably be a feature that makes sense, otherwise I'm
not that interested that i would write one.

( Maybe, possibly to write a solver that figures out in what order to
mix what from which bank bottle to drain the optimally use the expensive
he bank bottles, but thats a whole other question )

//Anton

1. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hhssoftware.multideco

( Actually quite nice software for mixing. The dive planning is
trail-ware but the mixing part is "free" )

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604