Shearwater Petrel Bluetooth connection on Fedora 20

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Apr 13 04:39:09 PDT 2015

On 13 April, 2015 - Rodrigo Severo wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I made a quick attempt this morning, but ran out of time and needed to
> > go to work.  I'm not familiar with rfcomm or Bluetooth on Linux.
> > Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the correct command?
>
> Hi,
>
> I managed to get stable connections using the rfcomm "connect" command.
>
> Here is the script I use to connect the Petrel to my computer just
> before using downloading data on Subsurface:

> before using downloading data on Subsurface:
>
> # Antigo Petrel com porta externa (vendido para o Cristofer)
> #rfcomm connect /dev/rfcomm0 00:13:43:04:F2:F1
>
> # Novo Petrel controlador do O2Ptima
> rfcomm connect /dev/rfcomm0 00:13:43:08:96:48
>
> # Novo Petrel sem porta externa
> #rfcomm connect /dev/rfcomm0 00:13:43:07:90:CD

All of these uses the build in bluetooth dongle, hci0 by default.

Pass a -i hci1 to use your second blueooth dongle, eg:

rfcomm -i hci1 connect /dev/rfcomm0 aa:bb:cc:...

I like to use the connect keyword, because for me it might take 10-15
seconds sometime to connect a rfcomm channel. If you would have just use
bind and then open on the dev, it might behave badly and time out. This
might be your case.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604