cmake and user manual

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Apr 21 05:13:21 PDT 2015

I see that there is a bit of work to be done with the with respect to
the user manual after using cmake. Currently the Build/Documentation
directory containd html versions of the user manual but does not include
the appropriate subdirectories containing the icons and images used in
the user manual. Also, the existing directory system is a bit different
from that of what it was for the different language versions. On the
other hand, the src/subsurface/Documentation folder contains all the
goodies to build a manual. I assume the html output of this make process
goes to src/subsurface/build/Documentation? Also, as far as I can
remember, the icons were not in a subdirectory of the images directory.

Once a full build is done, where should the final executable reside? I
have previously often used an official release or some dot version for
the system installation and kept experimental builds in a
home/subsurface directory. I assume that I would now keep experimental
builds in src/subsurface/build?? The final location of the executable
will determine where the documentation lies, I suppose.

Does the present build also do a system installation of the software?

Kind regards,
willem