Build problem on mac

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Apr 26 08:54:59 PDT 2015

Hi

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 03:51:52PM +0200, Robert C. Helling wrote:

> > let me add, that I do not have this problem when building on my office mac but it persists with a brand new cloned subsurface tree (for which I encountered other problems as marble was not finding its own header files so I had to link them to the build directory).
> >

> further investigation reveals that indeed there is no libssrfmarble in subsurface/build/Subsurface.app/Contents/
> besides the other dylib’s. And the fact that the hard coded path in
> subsurface/packaging/macosx/make-package.sh
> contains ‚hohndel‘ does not make me optimistic (but git blame says this is old and simply changing it to my path does not solve the problem).

What? Your Mac doesn't have a path with 'hohndel' in it? It must be broken. All
of mine do. You should take it to the Apple store and have it checked :-)

More seriously... Tomaz fixed this Tuesday night and since then has been
"preparing the patches"... I'm sure he'll send them soonishly. I'm disappointed
that this is turning out to be such a pain. I got it to work on my system and
assumed it would work the same way for everyone. But clearly I used the wrong
tools to do this.

Let's hope that Tomaz sends out these patches. I should have just grabbed them
from his system while he was here :-)