libzip and non-ascii home directories on Windows

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 28 08:52:56 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 04:13:32PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> > Which version of libzip are you using in your tests?
> > As usual, my understanding of all this is somewhat limited. Path handling
> > on Windows makes no sense to me :-(
> >
> > I built a Subsurface binary with version 42199fe38a16 which appears to
> > have all the relevant changes and all I can see is that it silently fails
> > to export to divelogs.de for my new user Møtörhæđ Łüñçïß.
> > I'll add a ton of debug output to see where exactly it fails and with
> > which error...
> >

> 56d3e8a2b3a8

Thanks. BTW: upstream master appears broken (at least it doesn't cross
compile for me)

I built with this version and there are no errors. libzip is convinced
that it successfully created a zip file and added things. Except it
didn't. I can see the temp file that we write to and read back (that's
nuts, need to fix that), but not a sign of the zip file.

Grmbl.