libzip and non-ascii home directories on Windows

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 28 10:30:48 PDT 2015

Oh joy. Guess what, libzip has two different ways to build it (sound
familiar, anyone)? And if you use autoconf then the Win32 specific path
handling routines aren't even built. And of course I built all this with
configure...
But if you use CMake then it compiles different source files. Oh, and the
library then has a different name (libzip.dll vs libzip-2.dll). But if you
rename the library and plop it in place in an existing install, things
appear to work (I'm waiting for the user who reported the issue to report
back if it fixed things for him as well). For now I tested it here on
Windows XP (yay!) and my buddy Møtörhæđ Łüñçïß was able to create a zip
file for upload to Divelogs.de...