planner / VPM-B patches

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 01:42:42 PDT 2015

On 18 August 2015 at 17:58, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for those profiles.  I'll generate profiles for the same dives in
> the
> > original VPM-B Fortran program as a comparison.  Do you know if GUE
> > DecoPlanner uses the VPM or VPM-B model?  The -B version is a
> modification
> > to the model aiming to compensate for Boyle's law effect on bubbles when
> > calculating gradients.
>
> Good question.
> I searched through the user manual and I fond only references to VPM.
> Even the classic Eric Baker's docs shipped with it refers to VPM.
> Same on the GUE website:
>
> https://www.globalunderwaterexplorers.org/store/software/decoplanner-314
>
> Did you check if VPM settings screenshot has some parameter which helps?

I didn't as I had plenty to do at work.  But I have now.  They advanced
settings are the default for VPM-B (original VPM default critical radii for
N2 and He of 0.8 and 0.7 and critical volume lambda of 7500 fsw, VPM-B
default is 0.55 and 0.54 and 6500 fsw), so I guess that answers my question.

Cheers,

Rick