Customizable prints progress

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:38:27 PDT 2015

On 21 August 2015 at 20:52, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 18 August 2015 at 03:51, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello Lubomir,
>> >
>> > As I am progressing with the documentation, I want to add description
>> > for
>> > users willing to write their own templates, so I will need to describe
>> > many
>> > concepts related to our defined css selectors, Grantlee names, etc. do
>> > you
>> > think it is relevant to add these details in the user manual? or we
>> > better
>> > separate it in a special page on subsurface website for example?
>> >

>> hello,
>> CCing Dirk, just in case he objects with my proposal.
>>
>> i'd say, just add this in the main documentation file for now, but
>> please try keeping it short - only listing the Grantlee variables and
>> having a brief explaination on how a template works, the CSS etc...
>>
>> i think the manual should be a multi-page HTML at this point instead
>> of one file, as it becomes difficult to maintain by multiple users.
>>

> Hello Lubomir,
>
> I pushed the latest commits which contains the following updates:
>
> - Updating the printing section in the user-manual.
> - Adding "Appendix F" which describes how to write a custom template as Dirk
> suggested.
> - Implemented the code which exports statistics data structures to Grantlee
> backend.
> - Make the statistics templates editable (we can also add the import/export
> statistics templates very easily later).
> - Fix issue in six dives template.
>
> I pushed them now as today is the hard deadline for this project in the
> scope of GSoC, But I think I will work on additional enhancements before the
> release anyway.

nice,

i will add user-manual comments about typos and such here:
https://github.com/Gehadelrobey/subsurface/commit/b0a9596997a57e79e82b47f7c69889ede78d502f

std::ceil() in printer.cpp throws an error in mingw.
just replace all usage of std::ceil() with qCeil() from <QtMath>.

but please wait for my user-manual comments to be finished before
updating your github three.
WIP...

thanks
lubomir