Re. subsurface: FTBFS in experimental

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed Aug 26 15:11:52 PDT 2015

On 26 August, 2015 - Lutz Vieweg wrote:

> On 08/26/2015 09:56 PM, Anton Lundin wrote:
> >There are a bunch of cmake flags to turn some bells off. Most of those
> >are to support different builds of subsurface, like the Android app, but
> >those can be (ab)used to "reduce" your subsurface building burden.
> >FBSUPPORT=OFF -> no more facebook share. Doesn't really add any overhead
> >but hey, if you're afraid of facebook, its gonski.
> >
> >NO_MARBLE=ON -> don't link with marble, and don't display the marble
> >widget.
>
> Thanks for hinting to those - will use them next time I need to build
> a binary.
>
> >A nother tip is to use Qt binaries from http://www.qt.io/ . Saves you
> >the hassle of building Qt.
>
> If those binaries were built requiring e.g. a certain version
> of libstdc++ that is unavailable on the system, that would render
> them useless to me. Also, if they would need to be installed into a
> certain absolute path (possibly colliding with OS supplied files), that
> would keep me from using them. I didn't check, but most binary library
> distributions have one of these two issues.

They install nicely into the folder of your choosing, and for the
libstdc++ , they only require:
required from libstdc++.so.6:
  0x056bafd3 0x00 06 CXXABI_1.3
  0x08922974 0x00 03 GLIBCXX_3.4

So i think those binaries whould be just fine. A tip is to use the
online installer, because the offline one is a bit odd.

I've also used qt-project binaries for building subsurface on a mac. It
was a while ago, when we still used qmake, but they should be usable for
mac-people too.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604