Subsurface-mobile use

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 2 12:43:17 PST 2015

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 10:01:06PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> Using the Android version I am getting ready to record dive sites in two
> week's time. Is access to the location services now also controlled by the
> cloud password? I see no place in the Android version to type in that very
> long access code that the companion app uses.

I thought I posted about this before but I think it's worth repeating...

Subsurface-mobile will use your email address to look up your old style 30
character userid for the webservice. And if you don't have a webservice
account linked to the cloud service email it just creates one for you with
the same email address (because you already have verified that address,
anyway).

So all you need to do is set up your cloud storage and you should be good.
And if that doesn't work, I of course want to know about it :-)

One thing we need to do is to allow you to retrieve the matching
webservice userid from the desktop app as well - I know that I thought
about where to implement this, but it seems I haven't done it, yet...