Subsurface-mobile use

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 2 14:48:39 PST 2015

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 12:43:17PM -0800, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 10:01:06PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> > Using the Android version I am getting ready to record dive sites in two
> > week's time. Is access to the location services now also controlled by the
> > cloud password? I see no place in the Android version to type in that very
> > long access code that the companion app uses.
>
> I thought I posted about this before but I think it's worth repeating...
>
> Subsurface-mobile will use your email address to look up your old style 30
> character userid for the webservice. And if you don't have a webservice
> account linked to the cloud service email it just creates one for you with
> the same email address (because you already have verified that address,
> anyway).
>
> So all you need to do is set up your cloud storage and you should be good.
> And if that doesn't work, I of course want to know about it :-)
>
> One thing we need to do is to allow you to retrieve the matching
> webservice userid from the desktop app as well - I know that I thought
> about where to implement this, but it seems I haven't done it, yet...

Ok, that's taken care of. This needs testing, though.
- Delete your web service ID from the preferences (and make sure it isn't
  stored in your XML file / git storage, either).
- Make sure your cloud storage credentials are in the preferences
- Open "Import GPS data from Subsurface web service"
If all goes well, your userid should be magically filled in

YMMV :-)