Localities in Subsurface-mobile

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Dec 8 07:20:59 PST 2015

Question:
How does the mobile app handle localities from the git repository? In
exactly the same way as the desktop version? On mobile, my dive
localities are not shown: just a "--" for the items in the dive list as
well as on the profile screen. However, the dive list on mobile shows
the appropriate locality at the top of the screen, I suspect taken from
the trip header of the dive log. On the desktop side everything is ok.
Inspecting the locality on desktop property reveals that a proper set of
coordinates associated with the dive, confirmed by the marble display.
One possibility is that mobile does not do the correct lookup in the
locations database. I see that others, e.g. screenshot of John Smith
little earlier did show proper locality.

I tried editing the locality field in the Edit Dive mode on mobile but,
after selecting a different field after specifying the locality, this
locality did not reflect on the profile screen.

Kind regards,
willem