4.5.3

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 14 10:04:49 PST 2015

Windows binary and AppImage are on the server. Can't get to my Mac (some
weird networking issue stops me from logging in remotely... need to get to
it physically and gently nudge it, I guess). So I won't post an
announcement until I'm back home and had a chance to build and test the
Mac image.

In the meantime if people would test the AppImage and the Windows
installer, that would be nice...

Changes that made it in:

Some of the changes since _Subsurface_ 4.5.2

- Fix confusing warning about different number of tanks and gases on some
  Suunto dive computers
- Fix missing temperatures on some Suunto dive computers
- Fix several corner cases in the Uemis support
- Fix a few random UI inconsistencies (UI elements not being cleared /
  removed / reset in certain circumstances)
- Cloud storage: no longer store picture binary data in the Subsurface
  cloud storage - this can cause excessively long sync times
- When matching dive site names when entering a location name, match
  anywhere in the location name, not just from the beginning (this makes
  it much easier to find existing dive locations if you remember only part
  of the name)
- Some fixes for importing data from other formats
- English user manual has been updated for language consistency and
  readability

As always, thanks to everyone who is helping to make Subsurface better.

As for the work towards to 4.6 - it seems we have entered a pre-Christmas
lull... I'm hoping to have more time for Subsurface in the second half of
the month. Let's see how that goes :-)