GSoC 2015

Long, Martin martin at longhome.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 13:55:34 PST 2015

> We have very good HTML export as a result of the last GSoC. Have
> you played with it? Are there features missing from it? If yes, I’m sure
> Gehad will be curious to hear what you’d like to see added…

I only mentioned HTML as some form that could be printed as a log book.

Yes, it is excellent, but very interactive, and not close to being
usable for a printed log, nor does it have any customisable options
over and above the few checkboxes for what to include. ie - while it
is a great feature, and very well done, it doesn't come close to
solving the 'printed logbook' problem.

HOWEVER, what it does is provide the bare building blocks - eg profile
rendered as an image/canvas. It does perhaps make it an easier option
to do a XSLT transform on this data. Perhaps an option to do a more
'basic' export, as it looks as thought the current export is not a
simple webpage but built up with javascript, and so it wouldn't be
possible to transform it.