CCR mode and our implementation of the setpoint

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Sun Feb 8 14:36:06 PST 2015

On 07-02-15 10:12, Robert C. Helling wrote:
> Of course, for the future we want to use separate events. My concern was what to
> do when reading files that were written by the current version of subsurface,
> how to recover from the clash. I would suggest to do two things:
>
> Have one header file where we define our own subsurface events (in addition to
> the libdivecomputer name space). We already have one for images. Currently it is
> not clear to me, if amongst the ldc events there is one that I should have used
> for set point changes (Jef, could you comment?) or if we have to create a new
> one for that. We will definitely need a new one for dive mode (OC, CCR, PSCR,
> FREEDIVE)

There is no event for setpoint changes, but there is a sample type
DC_SAMPLE_SETPOINT instead.

[To give some background info on why there are gaschange events, and setpoint
samples. In the future libdivecomputer api, I want to get rid of the events
almost completely. Only simple events like bookmark, warnings, etc that don't
need any further data will be kept. Basically anything that can be represented
with a single bit (so all events can be packed in one bitfield). Everything that
contains a value will be modelled as a sample type. For example the gaschange
event will be replaced with a gasmix sample. The setpoint support was added
later, and already follows this model.]

Jef