Subsurface dive planner - List of findings

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Sat Feb 14 07:28:40 PST 2015

Hallo Dirk,

honestly I love the planner capabilities you built into subsurface. The
implementation is from my point of view even nicer than e.g. V-Planner -
and V-planner is really expensive.
If it's ok for you I would like to help debugging the tool and maybe
also add a few remarks for some enhancements.

Here are a few more findings from testing the dive planner:
- If I manually enforce a change from e.g. back gas TX21/35 to deco gas
EAN50 in the dive plan "Planerpunkte" the tool will not show the gas
change in the results "Tauchplandetails" any more
- When I save a planned dive with two gas changes e.g. to EAN50 and OXY,
in the profile view the two gas changes exchange there position. You can
even watch the two bottles walking to the other position.
- When I save a planned dive and then modify it again after saving and
reopening also my logbook XML, I will have not only my input in the dive
plan "Planerpunkte" but also all the calculated deco stops. Also in
other cases some additional entries are added to the dive plan
"Planerpunkte".

One idea for a maybe easy enhancement:
- To quickly calculate "lost gas" scenarios it would be great to be able
to enable/disable a gas in the gas list

Here are a few info about version and OS:
OS: Windows 7 64bit
Subsurface 4.4.0

Many thanks!

Viele Grüße