Suunto DM5 import to subsurface

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 08:43:15 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 4:47 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Works like a charm on my Linux box with Subsurface v4.4.0-67. Cylinder
> pressures seem to require a bit of improvements, but otherwise this file
> opened up in less than a second. However, you need to OPEN it, not import.
> (When attempting to import, it hangs on me as well.)

A brief re-test showed that both open and import work properly for me.
However, when I close the DM5 opened/imported log file and try to
re-open/re-import, then it hangs on me.

I wonder if your initial issue was that the DB file was locked by DM5 as
suggested.

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Mika Tanninen <Mika at tanninen.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>> I tried to test out the subsurface, but sadly it's not able to import my
>> dive history from Suunto DM5. When I try to start the import (in Windows 7
>> 64bit from Suunto DM5 1.2.37.5326 to the subsurface 4.4.0) the program just
>> goes unresponsive and eventually hangs.

In case you're interested to add the support, here is my Suunto DM5 db file
>> containing 481 dives to be used for debugging:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/9f8mair7lgz52bl/dm4.db

This is really great, I can see that there are a few issues needing
improvements on the DM5 import. Will take a look into these.

* Every time I toggle the graph options (like "Toggle calculating all
tissues") or save settings (from imperial to metric for example) the program
seems to hang. I can't reproduce this on OSX, so I am assuming some kind of
glitch on the installation or in the windows port

Takes forever on my Linux as well, but I have no idea of what is going on
here.

* If I open my dm4.db and save it as "test" and then try to open that
test.ssrf I get error "Failed to parse".

This bug should be easy to fix. Seems to be that we do not escape tags
properly on export. I guess no-one used tick (') on their tag names before.
Thanks for reporting these, it really helps us to improve when we also get
the data to replicate the problems ourselves.

miika