[libgit2] Compile issue on debian-unstable

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:14:55 PST 2015

On 19 February 2015 at 01:42, Salvador Cuñat <salvador.cunat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lubomir.
>
> I think Debian's libgit2-21 is equivalent to  v0.21

BTW, what does /include/git2/version.h says in terms of x.xx version?

c3ab1e5af4c43d added the 4 parameter version to git_remote_fetch()
(version.h was at 0.20).

0.21 *should* have the parameter version, but looking at your GCC
output of remote.h it says that git_remote_fetch() has one argument,
which shouldn't be the case.

but in general i think that we should use:

#if !LIBGIT2_VER_MAJOR && LIBGIT2_VER_MINOR < 21
  #define git_remote_fetch(remote, refspecs, signature, reflog)
git_remote_fetch(remote)
#endif

i'm not sure why we have the wrapper for a 3 parameter
git_remote_fetch(), as i can't find it in their log.
fe3a40a4ff056400 is when git_remote_fetch() was added with one param
and then it changed to 4 params at c3ab1e5af4c43d.

what a mess.

> I've just remembered I had a built (not debian package) libgit2 library, may
> be it's still hanging around, as /usr/local/include/ is not the usual
> install dir for debian.
> Gonna take a look.

could be the case, but our macro may be wrong as well.

lubomir