testing of download from divecomputer needed

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 03:38:18 PST 2015

On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 15:22:01 -0800
Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Either way, this REALLY needs some testing. And please report back
> both success and failure. Tell us what you tried, what worked and
> what didn't. I want to make sure I got the work flow right, that the
> options make sense and are reasonably intuitive for a diver.
>
> Daily builds are in the works... look for -343 (or later, in case I
> find something else and redo them).

Sorry to report that the download from my Reefnet Sensus Pro now fails
miserably. The dive selection UI seems to work fine, and the data
transfer apparently completes, but on hitting "OK", I get a seg fault :(

I tried being very selective on the loads - selecting just the first,
just the last, various subsets of the list, all with no joy. Output
from -vvvv attached. From a look through the log, there's an odd
attempt to load files from /boot into the Marble engine, before parsing
my main file. Re-running and watching the console, I can see that the
output is all from before closing my main file, and trying a new
download, so I'm not too sure how helpful the attached will be. Any
advice on what I can try as a next step?

Just for reference this is built following the instructions on the
site on Debian Jessie:
--version: Subsurface v4.3-351-ge219bc70f863, built
with libdivecomputer v0.5.0-devel-Subsurface-testing
(c76c0350f4b44830833cacc1bd3087612dcb59f0)