testing of download from divecomputer needed

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 11 07:51:30 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:38:18AM +0000, David Tillotson wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 15:22:01 -0800
> Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> > Either way, this REALLY needs some testing. And please report back
> > both success and failure. Tell us what you tried, what worked and
> > what didn't. I want to make sure I got the work flow right, that the
> > options make sense and are reasonably intuitive for a diver.
> >
> > Daily builds are in the works... look for -343 (or later, in case I
> > find something else and redo them).
>
> Sorry to report that the download from my Reefnet Sensus Pro now fails
> miserably. The dive selection UI seems to work fine, and the data
> transfer apparently completes, but on hitting "OK", I get a seg fault :(

Yep, same bug as Miika. I just pushed the fix.
This had nothing to do with the download UI change. It was Robert's latest
patch set that broke things.

> I tried being very selective on the loads - selecting just the first,
> just the last, various subsets of the list, all with no joy. Output
> from -vvvv attached. From a look through the log, there's an odd
> attempt to load files from /boot into the Marble engine,

That's Marble randomly searching for plugins to load. I had disabled all
of those foolish attempts in our branch but somehow that commit got
dropped. I need to hunt for it and reapply it. I've seen Marble try to
load an image of the running kernel...

> before parsing
> my main file. Re-running and watching the console, I can see that the
> output is all from before closing my main file, and trying a new
> download, so I'm not too sure how helpful the attached will be. Any
> advice on what I can try as a next step?

Pull the latest master that I just pushed and you'll be much more
successful.

Thanks