Moving project to Android Studio

Aurélien PRALONG aurelien.pralong at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:33:46 PST 2015

Hello,

> are you still maintaining the companion app?
Well, I don't see many features which could be added, and users don't ask
either. So yes, I'm maintaining it, but there is no work on it, unless we
add desktop features. By the way, I personally don't think doing a pure
Android port would be a great idea, as a Qt mobile port would allow both
iOS and Android, while reusing existing code... Have you plans on it ? And,
just curious, was the libdivecomputer port on android (GSoC project)
functional ?

Concerning Android Studio. I personnally still use Eclipse : the android
plugin is still maintained, and will probably be. I understand the hype
around IntelliJ IDEA, but unless we add features to the companion, I'm
against changing the environment (overkill).

Aurélien