Add [Subsurface] to Subject?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 14 10:39:33 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 05:54:51PM +0100, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> would it be possible to setup the mailing list to add automatically
> [Subsurface] to the subject field of e-mails sent to Subsurface mailing
> list as it is done for most mailing list?

This request comes up once in a while and the answer is always the same.
No, marking mailing lists with a subject prefix is a bad idea, usually
desired by people using bad mail clients. Most every modern mail client
can filter your inbox based on the List-Id header or one of the many other
headers that mailman adds to our list emails.