subsurface installation blues on Fedora20

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Jan 24 05:37:49 PST 2015

On 23/01/2015 12:28, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> On 21/01/2015 21:00, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>
>> The quickest way should be to install the things that we have in the
>> INSTALL documenent for Fedora and build from source. But I really need to
>> investigate what's up with libgit2 and why it isn't pulled in with the
>> repository... but doing that from Fiji seems like a stretch. Internet here
>> is great for a dive destination, but not all that great compared to what I
>> have at home :-)
>>
>> /D
>>

> I have now done quite a bit of investigation about the problems with
> building Subsurface on Fedora20+KDE. The root problem is that two
> objects, QPrinter and unicodeUFT8 are not seen by the linker.
>
> Does anyone have any idea about solving this? I cannot help but think
> that it is a simple setting that needs to be done on my computer. But
> on my F20 machine it does not appear that the git master contains the
> information to complete the build. Can this be true?
> Kind regards,
> willem

It appears that unicodeUFT8 is deprecated in Qt5, so code that use it
should not compile under Qt5, at least that is what the Qt discussion
forum thinks.
Still do not know what the case is for QPrinter, except that it resides
in /Qt printsupport/.

If I can solve unicodeUTF8, then I can probably build Subsurface without
printing facilities, since it looks like there is a preprocessor flag
for enabling that.

Kind regards,
willem