subsurface installation blues on Fedora20

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Sat Jan 24 09:31:31 PST 2015

On Saturday 24 January 2015 15:37:49 Willem Ferguson wrote:
> It appears that unicodeUFT8 is deprecated in Qt5, so code that use it
> should not compile under Qt5, at least that is what the Qt discussion
> forum thinks.

Deprecated because source code strings are assumed to be UTF-8 and that's our
case.

In any case, it's still there, just hidden behind an #ifdef. To enable it, add
to the .pro file:

DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0

However, please don't do this. This is coming from the .ui file's output, so I
think it's caused by a stale build. Please remove the artifacts from the build
first and then try again. uic in Qt 5 should not emit UnicodeUTF8 because it's
not necessary.

> Still do not know what the case is for QPrinter, except that it resides
> in /Qt printsupport/.

Indeed. The #Include <QPrinter> is missing.

Don't include the module name in the include, just require the .pro file in Qt
5 mode to have QT += printsupport.

> If I can solve unicodeUTF8, then I can probably build Subsurface without
> printing facilities, since it looks like there is a preprocessor flag
> for enabling that.

PS: those were compiler errors, not linker errors.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358