Problems? Questions about CSV import

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Jan 25 09:29:47 PST 2015

Miika,

I am trying to do CSV imports without a lot of success. Either I have a
inept fingers or the interface is still in development? I just want to
confirm:

The CSV import places a number of potential headings in the top part of
the dialogue. One has to drag these headings down and drop them into the
row of blue cells using an appropriate column.

Any within-file headings that the CSV file may have are replaced by the
headings that are dropped onto the table. That is supposed to be more or
less it?

I attach a CSV log and the XML generated on Fedora when using the CSV
dialogue, specifying the APD template. When using the general template I
get the same result. The same also happens on Ubuntu.

I must admit hat the .CSV file has CR/LF line terminations because that
is what Windows does when generating it. But the Subsurface CSV import
parses the data in the file correctly and even sees the CR at the end of
each line (excellent!). So I doubt that this is the problem.

Kind regards,
willem