String improvements

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 06:31:45 PST 2015

On 27 January 2015 at 10:48, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sensor1
> Sensor2
> Sensor3
>
> .../qt-ui/profile/diveplotdatamodel.cpp:139
>
> Shouln't be "Sensor 1" "Sensor 2" "Sensor 3"?
>
> Sorry to be nitpick but this morning I realized I'm translating over
> and over the same strings.
>
> Moreover Transifex could be really useful if translators could see
> where suggestions (strings suggested) come from.
> This morning I found 54 string to translate but 90% of them where
> already translated in the past.
> It's a mystery to me if are all of them are duplicated or it has some
> sort of cache...

some duplicates can't be avoided.
because "Sensor1" could be an ID, while "Sensor 1" is what the user
sees on the UI.

but this particular case and some of the others you've mentioned are
somehow questionable.
perhaps only a single instance of the strings can exists as translations.

and patches is what is needed to fix them...
but another problem i brought up is that if we fix them now during the
beta cycle, you and all translators will have to open transifex again
and re-do the work, which is annoying as you suggest.

lubomir