Facebook testing

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Jan 31 08:38:16 PST 2015

I notice that if one logs into Facebook through Subsurface and then
close Subsurface without disconnecting from Facebook, it looks like the
Facebook session is not disconnected. If one fires up Subsurface and
open the Facebook Preferences within Subsurface, the connection is till
there and one can upload imaged to Facebook. To disconnect one has to
explicitly disconnect even if it is several Subsurface sessions later. I
am not sure how much of this is intentional.

There is a checkbox "Keep the connection with Subsurface" which, in my
case, was NOT checked. But later experimentation made it look like this
checkbox does not affect the fact that one remains connected.

I would suggest that, if one is connected to facebook and one terminates
Subsurface, one uses the same popup asking about "Do you want to save
the changes?" and add another question "You are connected to Facebook.
Do you wish to remain connected?
Kind regards,
willem