GSoC Status - Week 5 (Customizable prints)

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:44:23 PDT 2015

On 1 July 2015 at 19:31, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> it would act like an override, so if one likes a template, he/she can
>> still toggle off the "print in color" and produce b&w output of said
>> template.
>> if it's way too difficult to implement, i guess we can consider it as
>> redundant and remove the option completely.
>>
>> waiting on Gehad to comment further on the CSS solution.
>

> I need to mention that the current implementation works correctly for actual
> printing what we miss now is the b&w preview in the QPrintPreviewDialog, the
> CSS that transforms to b&w can be added in the preview printing only as it
> is not needed in the actual printing case.

please use the same method for both, which means the more portable one.
given QPrinter::GrayScale is unreliable for the preview, we should use
the CSS thing:
-webkit-filter: grayscale(1);

like i hinted in the email to Dirk, different greyscale methods can
use a different luminosity distribution, while we *do want* both the
preview and actual greyscale print to look the same, as much as
possible, that is.

lubomir