Pressure line missing on dive profile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jul 2 06:18:19 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 05:49:54AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 01:35:04PM +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:
> > On 2015-07-01 15:51, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > >I'm not familiar with the Cobra. But from looking at pictures it should be
> > >hose based and air integrated? Then the pressure in the cylinder entry
> > >comes from the pressure delivered in the samples. So the question is... if
> > >you look at the samples, are there pressure values in the older dives and
> > >not in the newer dives?
> >
> > The Cobra supports only begin/end pressure. Until a few months ago,
> > libdivecomputer generated two artificial pressure samples at the begin/end
> > of the dive, but those have been replaced with the new DC_FIELD_TANK api.
>
> And I don't believe Subsurface has been updated to take that into
> consideration... we use DC_FIELD_TANK to get the size of the tank, but we
> don't appear to get any beginning/end pressure from it.
>
> This shouldn't be too hard to fix. Any volunteers?

Actually, I looked at this and it's trivial. Silly that this slipped
through.

Steve, I think you're on Ubuntu, compiling from source, right? I'll push
my fix into master, would you mind rebuilding the latest master and giving
it a try? Easiest way to do this would be to create a new logbook and
download from the dive computer. Once this is confirmed we could try the
"force download" and "prefer data from dive computer" switches which I am
sure no one has used in years... but they were implemented exactly for
this case where we fix something in a parser and you can get more / better
information from the dive computer but don't want to lose everything else
that you've already entered...

But first I'd like for you to test my fix with a new divelog as that
removes possible other things that could be going wrong when merging the
data into the existing log.

Thanks