[QtBluetooth] Help for testing HW_OSTC3 and SHEARWATER families

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed Jul 8 16:00:02 PDT 2015

On 29 June, 2015 - Claudiu Olteanu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need some help to test if the native serial implementation
> works after the changes I did on the libdivecomputer project.
>
> If you have a device from HW_OSTC3 or SHEARWATER families
> please take the first 7 patches and apply them on the libdivecomputer
> branch.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have a SHEARWATER device so the only think
> I did was to make sure that the sources compile after my modifications.
>
> If you have a dive computer with Bluetooth support you can take the
> the last 4 patches[*] and apply them on the Subsurface branch.
> The Bluetooth support should work on Linux/OS X platforms.
>
> For devices that require a custom PIN code on the pairing
> step you should start a keyboard agent. One possible solution is
> to use *bluetoothctl* tool and to run the following commands:
> *# agent KeyboardOnly*
> *# default-agent*
>
> Also it would be useful if you could run the *hcidump *tool in
> background.

Just another random data point.

I just fixed up the android build env, to be able to build subsurface
for android.

I couldn't resist testing this on android.

After moving the download button in the dialog so it didn't end up off
screen I tried to download from a OSTC Sport into a new logbook and got
the folowing on the android log:

W/Subsurface(17379): (null):0 ((null)): This plugin does not support grabbing the keyboard
W/Subsurface(17379): (null):0 ((null)): This plugin does not support grabbing the keyboard
W/Subsurface(17379): (null):0 ((null)): qt.bluetooth: Connecting to port is not supported
D/Subsurface(17379): (null):0 ((null)): Connection on channel 1 failed. Trying on channel number 5.
W/Subsurface(17379): (null):0 ((null)): qt.bluetooth: Connecting to port is not supported
D/Subsurface(17379): (null):0 ((null)): Failed to connect to device  00:12:6F:38:3D:8A . Device state  QBluetoothSocket::UnconnectedState . Error:  QBluetoothSocket::ServiceNotFoundError

This is with Qt 5.5.0.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604