OSTCTools import support

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 15:28:06 PDT 2015

Hi Anton.

> On 26 April, 2015 - Anton Lundin wrote:
>
> > On 03 April, 2015 - Anton Lundin wrote:
> >
> > Anyhow. I'm out of ideas on how to produce some data to try to import.
> > After my experience with OSTCProfile, i don't think any users will have
> > data they would like to import either.
> >

> Something have changed in the state of ostctools.
>
> A user reported some perceived problem in:
> http://forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/read.php?6,15165
>
> And attached .dive files from his OSTC3, so how there are test files =)
>

> subsurface failed to import those, due to the place where we thought
> they stored dc_fam contains all kinds of weirdness in those files, and
> then we set dc_fam = DC_FAMILY_NULL, and then try to fill up our devdata
> with info, and if dc_fam is DC_FAMILY_NULL everything is still
> null-pointers, and then we segfault on strlen(devdata->vendor) where
> devdata->vendor is NULL.

Thanks for the reference and your tests.

The OSTCTools file is pretty the same, with slight changes.  What is quite
different is the header and profile data for OSTC 3. Fortunately libdc will
do the diveparsing job for us.

BTW I have just found this paper

https://bitbucket.org/heinrichsweikamp/hwos_code/src/0740bd920c5189ae7e7983a2406e400deeac1d83/doc/hwos_interface.odt?at=default

which credits Jef and Dirk   :-) , and its previous cousin for
OSTC-OSTC2N/C.

Identify the family for OSTC 3 is easy (just read the correct byte which is
different than OSTC), but I haven't figured out a way to identify the model
yet  (OSTCTools does, so it is stored there somehow).

I expect to have some time this weekend to play with the new profiles and
my own, so probably on monday will have the import working.

Regards.

Salva.