[Interest] [QtBluetooth] Basic tests

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Sun Jun 7 02:10:21 PDT 2015

On Sunday 07 June 2015 08:27:54 Claudiu Olteanu wrote:
> The only problem I encountered was when I tried to remove
> the BlueZ 5.23-1.1 and to install the BlueZ 4.101 from the sources.
> After the installation, the configuration
> file  (/etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf)  which specifies the required
> security policies for Bluetooth core daemon was missing. This gave me some
> headaches.

Hi Claudiu

Thanks for the report.

I talked to Alex Blasche, the maintainer for Qt Bluetooth, about the BlueZ 4
and 5 compatibility that I had asked you to test. He told me that this is all
determined at runtime, so it should be no problem to use one build of Qt and
run on another. He also said he does his own testing like you've done and
BlueZ upgrades are working.

So I wouldn't worry about the issues you faced with the upgrade and downgrade.
You should be able to choose one Qt version and BlueZ version you're
comfortable with and develop with it.