GPS coord from Subsurface webservice and more

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 8 07:08:20 PDT 2015

> On Jun 8, 2015, at 6:40 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> While I wait to download the latest daily build I was trying to import
> my latest dives with Subsurface 4.4.2.544.
>

> Marble globe continuously goes on a point in the middle of Guinea Gulf
> with a location called "Signori 2". Actually I'm not sure its' a
> location because it have a small bag symbol and it disappear while
> zooming out. (See attachment).

That bag symbol is indeed unexpected. This is with one of my daily builds,
correct? I have not the slightest idea why it would show that symbol
anywhere on the globe.

> I was trying to download some gps points but they are not updated in
> the dive site management.

I thought I adapted the download from our Webservice / companion app
to the new format. But it's possible that I got that wrong.

> Actually I see the marker only in the dive site view, not in the dive
> note view and gps coordinates are not there...

My guess is this shows up for coordinates of 0,0 - but I still don't understand
what would trigger this as all of the "Point of Interest" stuff is disabled in our
version of Marble.

> There are a lot of UI part not refreshed on Windows.

Yes, that's expected in .544. I'm wondering if things got better in .669 which
is now available.

> I understand that current dailies are really alpha for location
> management point of view.

Yes. When Tomaz says "all bugs are fixed" what he means is "I can't
make it crash" :-)
We very much rely on the testers here on this list to take Subsurface
through its paces, to simulate your normal work flow and to help us
pinpoint the areas that we broke. I'm quite certain that there are still
a bunch of issues with the new location management code.