cloud storage

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jun 14 14:45:58 PDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 11:39:09PM +0200, Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr wrote:
> > OK, we're making progress...
>
> indeed.

And we keep making progress. I just pushed a couple more commits that just
round things out a little and make the preferences behave in a more
intuitive manner (I hope).

> > This should take care of creating both local and remote repositories and
> > branches and should set everything up just right.
>
> yes, this worked for me.

Good.

> > Now if you quit Subsurface, run it again and load from the Cloud storage
> > you should get your data back. You can make changes, save them, it all
> > should work
>
> that worked too, though i was a bit surprised that subsurface opened to
> an empty file. i was expecting to see the cached copy.

Can you explain exactly what you mean?
A few hours ago I added the option to make the cloud storage your default
file and then it will open to the cached copy (after first trying to sync
things). And the version you indicate below should have included that...

Were you expecting the cloud storage to become the default
"automagically"?

What's still missing is the manual cloud sync (so if you turn off the
background sync option, it doesn't sync, period).

> > For the couple of people who tried with yesterday's version... It's
> [...]
> > different email address (and let me know so I can delete the entries /
> > repositories for the hosed accounts so you can restart from scratch for
> > those.
>
> i created my repo yesterday, and had no problem, subsurface adapted as
> it should have. but i didn't push anything to the remote repo.

Great

Thanks for the report.