[GSoC] Week 3 (Native Bluetooth support)

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Jun 15 04:46:41 PDT 2015

On 15 June, 2015 - Claudiu Olteanu wrote:

> Ok. In the beginning I will try to implement the downloading
> entirely in Subsurface and re-implement the dive computer
> protocol for HW OSTC family.

I think this is a bad path.

I would rather suggest something like implementing a "serial" backend in
libdivecomputer which takes a Qt5-Bluetooth-thingie to work with.

The same thoughts have bin about having libftdi-"serial"-backends and
cdc-"serial"-backends to support platforms where kernel-drivers for
those aren't a option (Android).

This is rather a puck for Jef to think about how a dc_device_open
version which passes on parameters for different backends.

I could see a dc_device_open which takes something else than just a
"const char *name", rather a dc_serial_type_t, and a void *arg.

I could see something like a dc_serial_type_t SERIAL which takes a
regular char* and is implemented with the regular serial.c backend, and
a QT5_BLUETOOTH, which gets a Qt-bluetooth-object-thingie, and a FTDI
which gets the correct args for a ftdi_usb_open to succeed.

//Anton - Spending his 2c while in a teleconference.

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604