[Patch] Fix planner notes gas change output logic

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 06:26:20 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 16 June 2015 at 22:46, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 16.06.2015, at 13:08, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This patch corrects the logic.
>
> Can someone more familiar with the planner code check that I've done the
> correct thing?  It works for me.
>

> No, unfortunately, this is not correct either.
>
> I acknowledge the bug that you describe (the gas change to EAN80 should be
> displayed at 9m depth). But your suggested patch breaks something else
> (which was the original motivation for the ‘postponed’ logic:
>
> Thanks for clarifying its intended purpose.  I agree that getting the
logic right for what segments to include, and when to print the gas change,
is more complicated than one might assume until actually trying to do it.

> Start with air.
>
> Descend to 20m
> Stay there for 5min
> Then switch gas to EAN80 and stay another 10min

What! Didn't you see the large 9 m label on your cylinder?

> Then switch back to air and stay a further 5min
> ascent [planner ascends to 9m, should switch there back to EAN80 and then
> to the surface].
>
> In my understanding the plan should then look like this:
>
>  depth
> runtime
> duration
> gas
>  20m
> 1min
> 1min
> air
>  20m
> 5min
> 4min
>  20m
> 15min
> 10min
> EAN80
>  20m
> 20min
> 5min
>
>  air
>  9m
> 22min
> 2min
> EAN80
>  0m
> 28min
> 7min
>

> I agree that this logic currently is completely incomprehensible. Will
> look at this later tonight again.

Yes, I implicitly assumed that gas changes were associated with changing
depth.

> BTW, in another thread I sent a patch to reenable the notes.

Thanks, it's very useful, especially to get immediate output for
contingency planning.