HighPressureLogger ... Re: Which protocol to implement on a home brewed diving computer ?

Tue Mar 17 08:01:37 PDT 2015

Betreff: 	HighPressureLogger ... Re: Which protocol to implement on a
home brewed diving computer ?
Datum: 	Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:58:09 +0100
Von: 	Thomas Schrein (mailinglists) <tsx508 at schrein.de>
An: 	Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de>

http://www.automation24.de/prozesssensoren/elektronischer-drucksensor-automation24-pc6706-i10-374-0.htm

> When I did my research I found that you can buy sensors that already
> have the correct fitting to go into the HP port of a first stage (UNF
> 7/16”).
Where can I get it ?
> For prototyping the logger I would have started with something like
> http://www.exp-tech.de/sparkfun-logomatic-v2-serial-sd-dataloger-fat32 That
> has everything including battery recharging logic (and is a USB mass
> storage device).
Looks good for prototyping. I would take a SD device only if I wanted to
use the SD card for the data transfer to the PC. They burn about 100mA,
lot more than the processor itself. I wourld prefer SPI FLASH.

As said, we will connect that sensor to our already existing housing
(odico) and will go diving, the logging function is only a subset of the
odico functions. So its hard to me to plan for logger an extra
prototype/proof of concept.

Our next steps would be more focussed in
1. integrate the highpressure piezo sensor into a selfmade housing
2. build a prototype with an EAGLE designed PCB that fits in a size < 10cm

What about communication? USB / radio ?
Energy ? Rechargeable or change of the cell ?

Tom