[GSoC 2015] Introduction

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:04:00 PDT 2015

> > If you have any idea on how I can fix the linking problem, please
> > let me know. As I said it before I have a OpenSuse 13.2-KDE-x86_64
> > platform. The linker version is GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.24.51.20140703.
> > and the version of mingw64-make is GNU Make 4.0.
> >
> > For the moment I will skip the cross-building process and I will try
> > to finish my proposal and to discover other ways to contribute.
> >

> not good. this is a linker bug and without debug symbols and more
> information it's impossible to debug.
> it also could be running out of memory. are you running in a VM by any
> chance? if so try lifting the memory cap. c++ object code is heavy and
> filled with junk.
>
> trying another (e.g. older) binutils toolchain might also be an option.
>
> lubomir
> --

No, I don't run it in a VM and I believe the configuration of my machine
is pretty good (8GB DDR3). I also checked the user limit for a process
and it is set to unlimited. I suspect that it is caused by a library that
the
tool-chain is linked against but I don't know which one.

When I will have some time, I will try to get the debugging sources of the
tool to see if I can find something useful. If not, I will try to rollback
to an
older version as you suggested.

Thanks,
Claudiu